Suppose you’re considering adding a water feature to your landscape. In that case, you’re probably wondering what the difference is between a pond and a pondless waterfall. Both have unique benefits that make them ideal for different spaces. Here’s a quick rundown of the key characteristics of each:
What Are Ponds?
In this scenario, ponds are man-made bodies of water typically used for aesthetic and functional purposes. They can range in size from a small, intimate garden pond to a large fishpond, or swimming pond. In terms of function, ponds can be used for irrigation, as a water source for livestock, or simply as a place to relax and enjoy the outdoors.
- Can be used for irrigation, as a water source for livestock, or simply as a place to relax and enjoy the outdoors.
- Comes in a wide range of sizes to fit any space.
- Can be customized with features like fish, plants, and rocks.
- Requires regular maintenance, such as cleaning and stocking with fish.
- Can attract unwanted wildlife, such as mosquitoes.
- May require a professional installation.
What Are Pondless Waterfalls?
Pondless water fountains or pondless waterfalls are also man-made but do not contain any standing water. Instead, they rely on a pump to circulate water through a hidden reservoir and back up to the top of the waterfall. This makes them much lower maintenance than ponds since there is no need to clean or stock the pond with fish.
Pondless Waterfall Pros:
- Low maintenance since there is no need to clean or stock the pond with fish.
- Can be installed without professional help.
- Won’t attract unwanted wildlife since there is no standing water.
Pondless Waterfall Cons:
- Requires a power source to operate the pump.
- May not provide the same visual appeal as a pond since there is no standing water.
- It’s not ideal for large spaces since water flow may be too weak.
Get The Best Water Feature Solution
Are you looking for pond landscapers near me? No matter which type of water feature you choose, Clarity Ponds can help you get the perfect one for your space. Whether you need ponds or pondless waterfall landscaping, we can help. Contact our pond builders today to get started!INSTALL A PONDLESS WATERFALL