For many people, it can be tricky to determine how many water plants they can have. Several factors can contribute to this, such as the type of plants, the size of the pot, the climate, etc. If you struggle to define how many plants your pond or waterfall should have, this article is for you.
The Right Amount Of Water Plants For Ponds
- For every 5 feet of pond edge, you need at least one marginal aquatic plant. If you don’t have any plants at the water’s edge, your pond will look quite sterile. However, pond maintenance is much easier when you have fewer plants.
- In addition to the marginal plants, provide at least one bog plant for every 5′ of pond edge. Bog plants are not as essential as the marginal plants, but they will help to add some variety and depth to your pond. Generally, you can have one bog plant for every two marginal plants.
- For every 50 square feet of pond water area and a depth of 2′ or less, you’ll need at least one water lily. If you have a deeper pond, you can have one water lily for every 100 square feet of the pond area.
The Right Amount Of Water Plants For Waterfalls and Streams
- For every 5 feet of stream border, at least one marginal aquatic plant is fine. Remember to perform pond maintenance to remove any invasive species.
- In addition to the marginal plants, you should have at least one bog plant for every 5′ of stream edge. This will help to add some variety and depth to your stream and make it look more natural.
Hire The Best Pond Installers in the Metro St. Louis area
If you’re searching for “pond builders near me” in the Metro St. Louis area, look no further than Clarity Ponds. We’re your one-stop shop for all things pond-related, from design and installation to pond maintenance and repairs. The right plants are just one part of a beautiful and healthy pond – let us help you create your perfect oasis today.
If you want the perfect pond installer in the Metro St. Louis area for your home, office, or business, don’t hesitate to contact the experts at Clarity Ponds, we’re waiting for you.